Manuel Kudruss successfully defended his thesis on real-time nonlinear model predictive control for humanoid robots at Heidelberg University. Congratulations, Manuel!
Paul Manns successfully defended his thesis on approximation properties of sum-up rounding for mixed-integer PDE constrained optimization. Congratulations, Paul!
- Our paper M. Kudruss, P. Manns and C. Kirches. "Efficient Derivative Evaluation for Rigid-body Dynamics based on Recursive Algorithms subject to Kinematic and Loop Constraints" has been accepted for publication in IEEE Control Systems Letters.
- Our paper P. Manns, and C. Kirches. "Improved Regularity Assumptions for Partial Outer Convexification of Mixed-Integer PDE-Constrained Optimization Problems." has been accepted for publication in ESAIM: Control, Optimisation and Calculus of Variations.
Our paper L.C. Hegerhorst-Schultchen, C. Kirches, and M.C. Steinbach. "On the Relation Between MPECs and Optimization Problems in Abs-Normal Form" has been accepted for publication in Optimization Methods and Software.
Sebastian Stiller and Christian Kirches join the organizing committee for OR 2020 in Braunschweig!
- Dr. Imke Joormann heads a junior research group within the Braunschweig Cluster of Excellence SE2A. Congratulations!
- Christian joins the Program Committee for 58th IEEE CDC in Nice.
Our paper J.L. Herold, C. Kirches, and J.P. Schlöder. "A phenomenological model of the time course of maximal voluntary isometric contraction force for optimization of complex loading schemes." has been accepted for publication in the European Journal of Applied Physiology.
Our paper U. Bau, N. Baumgärtner, J. Seiler, F. Lanzerath, C. Kirches, and A. Bardow. "Optimal Operation of Adsorption Chillers: First Implementation and Experimental Evaluation of a Nonlinear Model-Predictive-Control Strategy" has been accepted for publication in Applied Thermal Engineering.
Rebecca Nahme joins IMO to conduct a joint PhD project with Volkswagen Smart Production Lab.
Enrique Guerrero successfully defended his PhD thesis "Real-Time Optimization for Estimation and Control: Application to Waste Heat Recovery in Heavy Duty Trucks" at Heidelberg University. Congratulations!
Paul Manns will talk about regularity assumptions for MIOCP at IFIP TC7 in Essen.
Four talks by IMO members will be given at ISMP 2018 in Bordeaux.
Our special issue of Optimization Methods and Software on the occasion of the 5th International Conference on Mathematical Software, 11-14 July 2016 in Berlin has appeared.
Our contribution M.N. Jung, C. Kirches, S. Sager, S. Scholl. Computational Approaches for Mixed-Integer Optimal Control Problems with Indicator Constraints has been accepted for publication in a special issue of the Vietnam Journal of Mathematics in honour of the 70th birthday of Hans Georg Bock.
Many happy returns, Georg!
The Antrittsvorlesung by Christian Kirches takes place on Wednesday, May 30, at 5 pm.
Our contribution T. Fischer, T. Kraus, C. Kirches, and F. Gauterin. Demonstration of a Nonlinear Model Predictive Control of a Thermal Management System for Electric Vehicles in Real-Time has been accepted for presentation at the 2nd IEEE Conference on Control Technology and Applications in Copenhagen.
- IMO and IAA will host a Workshop on Optimization, Machine Learning, and Data Science at Braunschweig on April 12-13, 2018.
Christian Kirches and Christian Clason (Duisburg-Essen) will chair Section S16 "Optimization" at GAMM Annual Meeting 2019 in Vienna.
Christian joins the IPC program chairs for NMPC 2018 in Madison, WI, U.S.A.
Lilli Bergner successfully defended her PhD thesis "Fast Numerical Methods for Robust Nonlinear Optimal Control under Uncertainty" at Heidelberg University. Congratulations!
Felix Lenders successfully defended his PhD thesis "Numerical Methods for Mixed-Integer Optimal Control with Combinatorial Constraints." at Heidelberg University. Congratulations!