Enrique Guerrero Merino
Interdisciplinary Center for Scientific Computing (IWR)
Im Neuenheimer Feld 205
ph: +49 (0)6221 54-14617
office: Mathematikon A, INF 205, room 2.408
Enrique's main research topics are energy and power related applications of control, parametric optimization, and optimal control of electric machines and electric vehicles.
Enrique graduated from University of Chile in 2013 and holds a Master of Science in Electrical Engineering (s.c.l.). In 2011, Enrique led the motor control group of the Eolian II race team, which built and ran a solar race car in two race events. Enrique was awarded the 2012 CONICYT scholarship for master's studies in Chile. In that same year, Enrique did a research stay at Heidelberg University as a graduate school research student. Since November 2013, Enrique is a Ph.D. student at Heidelberg University.
Awards and Honors
- 2014: Marcos Orrego Puelma award for the best engineering graduate of his generation and best classmate. Chilean Institute of Engineers.
- 2012: CONICYT Scholarship for Master’s Degree Studies in Chile grant holder for Academic Year 2012. CONICYT, Chilean Government.
- Guerrero Merino, E. Modeling and Simulation of a Heat Recovry Cycle for Heavy Duty Trucks. 6th International Conference on High Performance and Scientific Computing (HPSC). Modeling, Simulation and Optimization of Complex Processes, Hanoi, Vietnam, 17.03.2015.
Workshops and Talks
- Guerrero Merino, E. Control óptimo de sistema de recuperación de calor del gas de escape, Universidad de Chile, 27.11.2015
- Guerrero Merino, E. Modeling and Control of Real World Problems, Workshop "Complex Systems, Modeling, Analysis and Control", Hanoi University of Science and Technology, 24.03.2015
- Guerrero Merino, E. On Perspective Functions and Vanishing Constraints in Mixed-Integer Nonlinear Optimal Control, Workshop "Mathematical Programming with Complementarity Constraints", Heidelberg University, 18.02.2015
- Lewinski, M. Rankine Cycle Visualization, Software Practical (Ongoing), 2015
- Stepjanovic, J. 2D Slot Car Track Visualization, Software Practical (Finished), 2015